Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Winding Down 1st 30 Days

Good Morning, after 25 days I have been doing pretty well on my extreme budget. Sunday, after the convention I ate the last of the potato soup that I had leftover in refrigerator. Monday, I munched on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Yesterday, I ate some scrambled eggs. In addition, I went to a wine tasting last night, and besides a few samples of wine, I ate some crackers.
Today, with snow flying, I ventured to the grocery store and picked up a few things. I used money from my next months budget. I still have some Rice and beans to get me through part of the next month. Below is my purchases from today.

Strawberry Preserves - 99 cents
Peanut Butter/Choc/Hazel Nut Spread - $1.69
Split Top Wheat Bread - 89 cents
2 Hot Cocoa Mix (89 cents ea) - $1.78
Corn Flakes - 99 cents
47 cents tax
-------------
Grand Total Spent 6.81 out the next 30 day budget.

1 comment:

  1. Read the labels. Did the strawberry preserves have high fructose corn syrup? Did the peanut butter have trans fat, palm oil, sugar in it? Read the bread label, in fact, read all the labels. how many products had high fructose corn syrup(HFCS)? probably all of them.
    HFCS over time, destroys your liver. The body doesn't process HFCS well, so you keep eating and eating.
    The only good part was the rice and beans PROVIDED the rice was brown rice ($1.33 a pound at Wal Mart)
    What kind of beans? For .59 you could have bought a bag of dry beans, soaked them overnight and they could have lasted a month.

    ReplyDelete