Thursday, January 11, 2007

Rolling Through Day 6

Today was an interesting day. As soon as I left work, I had to run to a meeting with Congresswoman Nancy Boyda's office. For those outside of my area, she is the Kansas Congresswoman who was on ABC news last week,

During the televised exchange last Thursday, Boyda said she would vote to fund an increase in troops. Gibson responded that the recent election results indicated voters desired a change in direction of the war.

Boyda then said, "They should have thought about that before they voted for President Bush not once, but twice."
I then left there to try to catch up with State Rep. Melody McCray-Miller, before coming home and going to bed. Before I left work, the guys in the meat department had fried up some bacon that they were going to throw out, so I got to eat 4-5 slices of free bacon. Once I arrived at home, I ate the 3rd and last bowl of potato soup.
In addition, I actually avoided pop last night, and drank 2 bottles of water, that I took to work with me. When I woke up (tonight), I ran off to my Neighborhood Improvement Association meeting (drinking my 1 can of pop), then came home and ate a bowl of rice, 2 slices of homemade banana bread (Christmas gift from my mom) and 2 glasses of milk.
All in all, I spent $1.32. Looking over the list, it would appear that the 2 bottles of water put me over the top.

note: the rice has been in my cabinet for a year or better, so I do not know how much it costs. I do know this container was more expensive, because it's one that came in a sealed "jar." After it is used up, I will buy the store brand and store it in this same air tight container.

2 comments:

  1. With repeated "gifts" from Mom and handout from friends, anybody could live on a severely restricted budget. It's easy when other people are picking up the tab!

    What did Nancy Bodya have to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't see mom or get anything from her until next Christmas.

    As far as the Congresswoman, I went to her office, because she requested her staff talk with me about some legislation (a resolution) that I have been pushing for the past 17 years. 17-years, where has time gone?

    ReplyDelete