Thursday, January 18, 2007

Something to Consider


Something I had not considered, even though it was something that Evan had talked about, is the possibility of weight loss. I spent many years (all of my high school years and then some) stuck at a constant 120 lbs. Wanting to gain wait, but seemingly, no matter how much I ate, I never gained weight. Then in 1995 (some 8 years after high school), I moved to Chicago, as I entered the ministry, and with-in one month I had gained 10 lbs. I never looked back from that, I ultimately got up to 142 lbs, which is where I have been sitting the last 7 or 8 years. However, I could actually lose some of that weight with this experiment. If I feel healthier, it could be a good thing, but I am not sure that I want to gain or lose any weight.
I don't own a bathroom scale, so I can't weigh myself, and going to see a doctor, that I can't afford would be a waste of money, especially just so I could get weighed. Maybe, I should consider going to target, and getting a bathroom scale. Then again maybe, I could find a good one on FreeCycle.org.
At any rate, the possibility for weight loss is there, and i should keep that in mind.

3 comments:

  1. Scales are kind of funny to buy because you can spend between $5 and $500 depending on how many bells and whistles you're looking for.

    If you're just looking for a regular resistance scale that will be accurate within a pound or so, just get a cheap one. I bought mine for $6.35 at Meijer and it's worked fine.

    Frankly, there's been little advancement in scale technology at this level in the past 200 years, so there's no need to overpay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, I don't know about out there in Kansas, but down here in Florida they have scales in the grocery stores....you just walk in your local Publix and it's right there ...FREE! I see no reason to spend money on a scale, when you can take one off the shelf at your local K Mart, weigh yourself, and put it back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Just weigh yourself in the store.

    I remember going in Service Merchandise back in the day ( I think they went out of business) and they had doctor's scales sitting out. I would weigh and measure my height.

    As far as weight, I would worry more about body composition. It is pretty easy to lose weight and actually become more fat, or "skinny fat"- especially if you are a male and are eating crap.

    I think I am going to a blog like this but try to base it on eating healthy and the best quality food for a buck.

    ReplyDelete