Saturday, January 13, 2007

Day 8 - Various Thoughts

Last night, as i mentioned in my previous post, I went to an art exhibit opening at the public library. They had fruit and veggie trays as well as a tray of brownies. It occurred to me, how strange it was that I had a plate full of healthy and delicious fruit and carrot sticks and this huge brownie.

I then went on to work . Before leaving the store this morning I spent $10.83 to purchase milk, beans, rice, eggs and a ham steak (most of which will b used to flavor the beans, which I put in the pot when I got home. All in all, I figure what I bought should last me about 3 weeks, except of course the milk d eggs. The eggs were on sale for 79 cents dozen and I picked up a rain check for another 2 dozen, which includes a 50 cents off on eggs or ice cream. I of course will opt for the cents off on eggs, which will make one of those dozen eggs only 29 cents. Not bad at all. I almost picked up a quart of yogurt. Something a friend of mine learned from an Indian (someone from India) roommate of his in college is having yogurt with your rice. However, as I was mentally figuring things up in my head I decided that, I should go ahead and skip that item this time. I figure for this first month, I can only spend another $10 on groceries and I forgot to buy cornbread mix to go with my beans. I do still have one more bowl of beans (w/cornbread) in the deep freeze.

Well, I am off to bed. Hope all of you have a great day. I will probably have an update tonight after I wake up and finish preparing that big pot of beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment