Friday, January 12, 2007

State of the Finance

As the new year begins, my finances are beginning to look better. I have been doing better at cutting out wasteful spending, and I expect to actually get the credit card and home improvement loans paid off this year. I know I thought the same last year, but so far I have actually saved more then $600 in my emergency fund, which also covers my insurance deductibles. Speaking of those deductibles, the next time the quarterly premiums comes due, I will be upping the premiums to semi-annual, as I work my way towards annual premiums.
The year began with me looking at consolidating all 3 of my loans into one, and cutting my payments in half each month. However, after the appraiser came to the house, it is beginning to look like a no go, because of a grant through the city (funded by HUD) to fix up the place 8 years ago after I bought the fixer upper. Oh well, while I could have used the stress relief from my budget, it is probably for the best. Continuing to pay on these debts with current payments, will pay them all off in less then 4 years, instead of the 15-20 of the new loan.
About a week ago, I added a new blog to this network and as such am conducting a 90-day social experiment, to see if a single man with bad eating habits can change those habits and eat healthy on just $1 a day. To follow along, just go to BudgetEating.blogspot.com. Any blog, forum, Internet or media buzz of the project would be appreciated.
Something else that I have been looking at is making my own liquid hand soap. I am about ready to take on this project as soon as I can get some bottles to put the soap in. If anyone wants to send there empty (refill size) soap bottles (still in good shape) please mail them to my PO box listed in the sidebar, or if you are in Topeka, leave a message on my voice mail so we can arrange a place to pick them up.
It is also my goal to continue increasing traffic to this site and get to the point that I can start earning $100 every month from Google adsense, with eventually reaching $1000 or better in revenue each month.
Finally, I am making preparations to attend Blog World Expo—a convention about blogging which will be held in Las Vegas! It’s not going to be held until November 8Th and 9Th, 2007. One way or another, I am going to scrimp and save to make sure that I have my first trip to Vegas and attend this first ever convention for blogger's.

No comments:

Post a Comment