Saturday, January 20, 2007

Pressing Debts & Medical Concerns

Many of my readers know that I have been blogging for several months now about my debt, and how I have been changing my spending habits. I have not mentioned my need to visit a doctor, but am unable to because I cannot afford the deductibles and co-pays. I really don't believe my 2 brain tumors (non-cancerous), that need to be watched (regularly) is important.
The fact is I must get debt-free. I am hopeful to get 4 years of debt payments paid off this year. After which I will refuse to go into debt ever again. Right now, I must come up with an extra $1,000 by the end of January and a total of $15,000 by the end of the year, if I am going to be successful in getting debt-free by the end of the year. Obviously the $1,000 this month is more pressing, to keep my car on the road, and to begin looking at making that visit to the doctor, all though that visit and the resulting MRI will kill my debt repayment plan.

I have said that I will get debt-free $1 at a time, and I am asking that 1000 people send me $1 or 200 people send me $5 or well you get the idea. I have visited donatemoney2me.com/ after seeing it on last nights 20/20 and I cannot afford their fees to post a message on their site. Besides, I have this site here with great readers, and with the pay pal link below or the p. o. box listed at the bottom of the post, I don't need to pay such fees. Won't you consider helping to get someone back on their feet who really has changed their spending ways?








Kevin Surbaugh
P. O. Box 4551
Topeka, KS 66604

2 comments:

  1. Some things are worth spending for, even if you have to borrow. If you need regular checkups, go get 'em. I have an HSA, a medical bank account. Having the money in a different account makes me feel better about spending for medical needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think you need to look at making more money and/or finding something that will give you better access to healthcare.

    I think you seem like an intelligent enough guy, but you make less than a lot of teenagers. I am not trying to slight you in any way. I don't know your situation.

    ReplyDelete