Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Temptation - Day 12


Looking around the Internet, I found this chart showing how many people around the world live on less then $1 a day. Yet we Americans, think it's not possible. Friends of mine think I must be starving myself and I struggle to resist temptation when hunger pangs do knock, when I forget to take my lunch to work. Especially, when you work in a grocery store like I do. Like the other day, I left my lunch at home, and the hunger pains were beginning to kick in around 3 or 4 a.m. and it was all I could do to resist buying something to appease my apatite.
Something else this extreme budget has taught me is that I have been really spending more on snacks and groceries then I actually had budgeted. I am now forced by this commitment to actually cut the spend and eat better.

Tonight, I am eating Macaroni and Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment