Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today's Job Fair Was A Disappointment

After being promised that a number of career options would be at today's job fair, I found it to be a huge disappointment. In the end there was only about 7 booths actually staffed with employers. Of those 4 was in the insurance industry, looking for people to sale insurance. One was the Army, one was a job training school (8-week course) that is a non-profit and will train you at no cost to you. Finally, the other booth was a temporary agency seeking people for customer service jobs in Austin, and clerical jobs in Dallas and San Antonio.

JOBS AVAILABLE AT THIS EVENT INCLUDE:
Accounting
Administrative Assistant
Customer Service
Data Entry
Financial Advisor
Financial Services
Financial Services Representative
General Warehouse Labor
Insurance
Logistics
Managing Partner
Marketing
Medical - Back Office
Medical - Front Office
Medical - Phlebotomist
Medical - Billing
Medical - Cert. Medical Assistant
Medical - LVN
Medical - RN
Merchandiser
Office/Administrative
Order Selector
Receptionist
Sales
Sales Agent
Sales Associate
Sales Manager
Sales Manager in Training
Skilled Labor
Stocker
I will trudge on. I will look into the job training, but I need a job now, not in 8-weeks. I have an application that I picked up today, while I was on my way home from the "job fair."


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment