Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Day of Thanksgiving - What Are You Thankful For

The other day, a friend sent me a message through Facebook, asking what am I most thankful for. I responded that I was thankful for my wife of 3 months and our overall health.
I could have been all down about being unemployed, but instead I focused (and want to continue) to focus on the positive. There is no doubt that last three months has been rough, but I expect that to turn around very soon.
After, I answered her question, I got to thinking and wondering what others are thankful for. So I posted the question as my status on Facebook and twitter. What I found was that overwhelmingly most people were thankful for their families.

Some of the comments on FaceBook were:
My happy healthy family
- Michaelle
Unbeknown to me, my wife even chimed in and said,
my family, my salvation life and of course my handsome husband
- Pat (aka Princess of Thrift) Surbaugh

i am thankful for every breath i take that leads me to many more with my family friends and all my loved ones
- Melodee
Life, my family, my friends, salvation, my church.
- Misty
A great family and wonderful support system!
- Tiana
My children & my jobs.....
- Anje
Sobriety at a point before I was able to destroy myself and my family. Many don't achieve this ever or far too late
-Schaan
My husband and kids, my Church family, good friends, and my Needs cared for. Very Blessed!!
- DeAna
Jesus.
- Joyce
I am thankful for good health, loving people I am honored to call family and friends, a thriving business...and our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Without Him, none of the rest would be possible!
- Jennifer H.
Salvation, Family & Friends, Health, Job, GOD's Grace & Mercy.
- David
I want o take time to thank those who contributed to this post. I was surprised by the results, but I must say if the results depict most of society in general, then perhaps there is still hope after all.

So what are you most thankful for?

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.

Article first published as A Day of Thanksgiving.... on Blogcritics.

follow me on Twitter and facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment