Sunday, November 7, 2010

Community Support

This guest post from Daryl Glass

Going to the county fair is really all about supporting your community. A lot of times the rides are way inferior to the ones you see at Six Flags, the same way that cheap store brand cereal doesn't match the flavor of your delicious, brand name ones. So why do you buy the cheaper version? Well, it's to pump money into the local economy and start the circle of financial life. See, when you go to the lollipop vendor at the county fair, that's putting money directly in your neighbor's pocket, and not directly into a big corporation's pocket who pays your neighbor minimum wage to do all the work. Then your neighbor, who is now wealthy can patron your store or your employer's business and make you more money. So the county fair is good because it creates jobs.

This is why I encourage the kids to try every food booth, game, and ride in the fair. That money will come back to us, I tell them, when the people responsible for your fun spend that money in the local economy. Well, not every booth, because there is one where you shoot basketballs into a hoop that is manned by a compulsive gambler and all the money will just go to Las Vegas, but the children don't have to know that. When I get home from the fair, I have all my shows recorded on satellite TV from www.BestChoiceTV.com/.




---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment