Monday, November 15, 2010

Job Search Continues - Gets Frustrating

I continue to search for a job. While, I have had some interviews, I haven't had as many as I would have expected. A number of the jobs, I have applied for I have more then enough experience. Yet, I don't get called for even an interview. It has become very frustrating. Why? Because, I want a job. Anything (even part-time or temporary)! Yet, when they don't call, when I am clearly qualified, I wonder if they even looked at my application. I even wonder, if I was passed over, because of my older age and/or they are afraid, I I will quit as soon as I find something "better." I mean what else can it be, other then those three (3) reasons? I have 18+ years of retail experience. Only need 10 years of experience on the resume. If I were to go back further, I have served in the ministry, worked fast food, and even as a file clerk/office assistant. Yet, it seems so many employers are not even giving me that opportunity, with even an interview.

Tomorrow, there is another job fair here in Austin. I have preregistered with this one, which is suppose to give me quicker access to the event. Before I go, I need to make more copies of my resume, which I recently redesigned (Placing the company name ahead of the job titles). Someone suggested a while back not focusing on the cleaning and cardboard bailing, that hasn't been a part of the resume I have been passing around, but was/is on the public version, which has a lot of the contact information redacted, for security reasons. Still, perhaps I should update that version to.

In addition, I have been searching for jobs through snagAjob.com and the Texas Workforce Commission. In fact as soon, as I finish this mornings post, I need to turn my attention to those websites. Snag A Job, has sent me several emails this week of possible opportunities to check out, and I need to get those applications made.

One of the pastors at church and I are very hopefully (and believing in faith) that I will find a job this week.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment