Thursday, November 25, 2010

Job Search Takes No Holiday

Today, I thought I would bring you up to speed on my job search. The day before Thanksgiving, I applied to 4 or 5 openings at a retailer, who I applied to before moving here. Who hadn't called me regarding any of my previous applications. I figure I can't dwell on those past failures, I must look forward. This time all the positions are part-time rather then full-time. Still, I figure, it is better to get back to work and earn some cash rather none.

Then their is a retailer across the street from the primary location that applied to that I also applied to on Thanksgiving Day. Yes, even thought was Thanksgiving, I was setting in front of my computer applying to even more potential employers. As one of the pastors (the Spanish Church Pastor) at church said recently, "enjoy your time off, because you are about to go back to back work." I am believing that on faith and ready for it.



While, I am looking for a job, I also want to spend some time, refocusing some of my effort to freelance writing. To that end, I need to look at getting the 2011 Writer's Market So that I can find the correct addresses and contacts for the publications, I want to submit work to. It is an invaluable tool to the freelancer, but isn't really in the budget of this freelancer either.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment