Friday, November 12, 2010

Looking at HDMI Cables

Recently my step son and I was looking at HDMI cables for his flat screen TV. We went to a local electronics store and was amazed at the options and range in prices. They went from $6 all the way up to $100. Seriously! Can you believe that. Why on earth is there such a wide range in pricing? Of course the salesman, tried to tell us that, he need the most expensive brand. Why? Because, it would give a better quality picture of course.

They are all HDMI cables, is one brand name really any better then the other? My bet is that the salesman, just wanted the commission off the higher ring. But I (nor my step son) really know that much about electronics.

So we left with the $6 cheap version, and decided to visit the experts at HDMIcable.org. Since they aren't paid on commission, we figured we could get the straight scoop from them. We found that there is better quality, and this site sells only Optimized HDMI cables at great prices. In fact the most expensive cable, was 50 feet long for $69.99. Definitely cheaper then that local place (which is a national chain). My step-son ended up buying a 6-foot cable (for $12.99) from the website and returning the other one to the local store.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment