Monday, November 29, 2010

Buying Local Is Better For Local Economy

We have often heard that buying locally is better for the local economy. However, is it really true? I have heard people question that. Saying if they shop at big box x locally, the money is sill spent locally. So what is the truth?

According to a recent study, $45 of every $100 spent at a locally owned business stays in the community, while only $14 stays locally when spent at a big box chain.

I am not saying in this post, that big box stores are evil. Heck, I have shopped at some of them, in the past, and probably will in the future. However, the fact is the majority of the money will go back to the corporate headquarters and not the local economy, when you shop the big box stores.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment