Friday, October 8, 2010

Texas Endorsements

Greetings. The time has come for my endorsements in the Texas General Elections. Well actually, only one race. That is because since moving here and getting registered to vote, the only TV commercials and news coverage I have seen has been for one statewide race. Heck, I haven't even seen a single flier in my mailbox for any of the candidates. Something, that is very discouraging to a political junkie like me. I want to be informed. I want to know about the candidates before I enter the voters booth. However, I can't say I know anything about any of the candidates. Sure, with some research, I know who the incumbents are, but that is all I know. So, since, I am not informed on any of the other races, I will only discuss the Governors race, and even then I don't know of any of the so called third party candidates.

In the race for Governor, Republican Rick Perry is running for re-election against Democratic challenger Bill White. Perry, first became Governor when former Governor George Bush resigned to take the office of the Presidency. During his tenure in the Governors chair, he has seen the Texas economy become one of the best in the nation. So much so that several publications, has recognized Texas cities in their top 10 lists. Last year Austin was the number large city in America to find work in. Then Kiplingers named Austin as the number one (1) city for the next decade. CNN Money also commented on the robust economy in Texas.
It was because of all this press that helped formulate my decision to make the move and relocate to Austin. When I hear Bill Whites comments in the news or in his commercials, I get scared at the thought of what might happen to the best economy in all of America, if he got what he wanted.
Face it, Texas must be doing something right, if they have the best economy. It is for this reason, that I will wholeheartedly cast my vote for Rick Perry in the (Nov. 2) election, for Governor of the Great State of Texas.




----------



My name is Kevin, and that's my opinion. What do you think?



follow me on Twitter







No comments:

Post a Comment