Sunday, October 17, 2010

Money Crashers New PF Blogs Ranker is Awesome

Friday, I began cleaning up my email box. I had nearly 2,500 unread emails and Lord only knows how many undeleted emails cluttering the in-box. At this point I am down to 68 unread emails. Woohoo. Still have a ways to go. Anyway, while I was in the process of cleaning up that email box, I received an email from the folks over at Money Crashers the new Personal Finance Blog Ranker, that they developed. It’s the most comprehensive list I’ve seen yet that factors in several different success factors like FeedBurner subscribers, Twitter followers, Alexa rank, Compete rank, Technorati authority, Google PageRank, number of inbound links according to Yahoo, SEOmoz rank, and SEMRush organic search value and then calculates a weighted score based on all of the data.

According to their algorithm, we now know where this blog stands in the over-all rankings. The first couple of years this blog was in existence, it was among the top 100 personal finance blogs. Today, according to this interesting tool, we can see that the blog is ranked 211 of all finance related blogs. Which is pretty good considering I'm just an amateur writing about personal finance.

It's no Columbus marathon, or November election victory. Still though, if you were to look at my average page hits, at sites like SiteMeter, then my numbers would look better. Especially this past week. The sites average visitors had been between 80-100/day, but this week that number has increased to 200-250/day.

Which means, on FireFiance's list I should be back in the top 100 when he does his next update.

Well, back to cleaning the email box and trying to respond to emails that should of been answered back in April. Once the email is cleaned up, perhaps I will be able to stay on top of it, by handling new emails and then deleting the read emails the day they arrive.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment