Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jessica Holcomb Scam

The past couple days, both my wife and I have received a half dozen emails from "News 1 Reports." The emails are titled, "State-wide job scam?" When we opened the emails, they contained just a few brief words,
State wide-job scam?

We investigated work at home_job opportunities
and what we found-may shock-you...
along with a link. That link took to us to a page for "Profit System Online." A site that proclaims
The “lazy” way to setup an automated business that prints 24/7 profits for you around the clock. .

Wow! Make money and be lazy? Yeah right. There is no lazy way to make money. Even the Bible says this boldly.
“Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor”
- Proverbs 12:24
There is simply no "lazy way" to wealth. If someone is going to become successful, they have to work hard. However, that is another topic, so let me get back to the topic at hand.

The link provided in the email tells the story of Jessica Holcomb, who just happens to live in the same city as I do. They even have the city in bold letters, as they give their fake news story. However, she doesn't live here in Austin. Instead they insert the city automatically based on your IP address. So everyone who opens up the page, thinks she is in their town. Which would be blatantly obvious, if someplace like, say New Lancaster, Kansas, a town of about 20 people, had their own IP server and the blamed story claimed she lived there in New Lancaster. Instead, this small town gets most (land line) phone and DSL service from La Cygne, KS (a small town of 1,200), so it's not as easy.

OK, so getting back on track, you can tell, I believe this thing to be a scam. More obvious, her name and supposed facebook page (which is linked on the website as well) also promotes another system, this one being "My Cash Printer." Wow, if you looked at the claims on these two sites and the results she has garnered from both of these websites, she would be one of the wealthiest people in the world.

These programs don't work and they generate thousands of complaints every year. Stay away from them. As for Profit System Online," they change their name (and spokesperson) every so often, as to avoid the negative press/comments circulating the internet. Previous incarnations of their program are "Automatic Wealth Solution" and "Automatic Profit System."

I can't prove that "News 1 Report", "Automatic Wealth Solution", "Automatic Profit System", "Profit System Online", and "My Cash Printer" are all the same company. However, in my research, which included looking in the Network Solutions, Who-Is data base, I have found the owner(s) of each of these sites went through, a company called "Domains By Proxy" (which helps their clients remain anonymous in said Who-Is database), which registered all the domains through GoDaddy, which they claim is an affiliate of theirs. As I said, it's not proof that the other two websites are connected and owned by the same people, but it sure looks like it. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say they are.
I mean, look at the facts, a fake news site advertises all of them, at least two of them have the same "housewife" and her so called rags to riches story. It seems pretty obvious. My suggestion, stay away from all of them, including the fake news site, which has had several incarnations in of itself (News 1 Reports and News 10 Reports for example).



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment