Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Isn't It Time to Get Debt Relief

For over four years, I have been blogging about debt. My personal struggles with debt and the things that I learn from various personal finance gurus. It has been a struggle. I have fallen many times. Spending way more then I had at times. There was many times that I needed a more structured Debt Management, then I was willing to admit. Once I stared this blog, I knew that I couldn't do it overnight. Still though their was time I wanted debt relief, faster then what was realistic. Debt Management, is something that has to be learned. No one just knows how to manage their finances. Sure, some people learn at an earlier age. Some were taught as a child by their parents, and so it seems that comes more naturally. In reality though, it is because of the lessons learned from their parents, as they grew up.
Did you know that the average household credit card debt in America is over $9,000? That is a staggering amount. It is the worst of all debts (not counting loan sharks), yet it is the most common consumer debt we as Americans have. That is why, getting professional Debt Management may be the most important thing you do for your finances.
With professional Debt Management, they can help negotiate a debt settlement on your behalf. Helping you get out of debt faster. Still though, it won't happen overnight. In the process they can help you prepare a budget and get your overall finances on track.

It is important that we get rid of our debt and avoid all future debt like the plague. If we don't we could end up spending our golden years working at the golden arches and/or eating a diet of dog food. Neither of which is acceptable to me. I decided in March 2006, that I was going to get real about my debt and build my savings. After four (4) hard years, I finally got debt free. Now, I must get my savings built.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment