Sunday, December 19, 2010

New Blog Design - What Do You Think?

Recently, I had someone comment on the blog about the design that I chose.
I really dislike the over use of red in your blog. It is very jarring and looks like spam. Red is also a color that can trigger epileptic seizures in some people.

Take a clue from the other financial blogs and go more neutral. It will give your blog a more serious professional tone and make it not look so cartoonish or like a spam website.

I realize you probably want the red to indicate debt, but this much red is really over doing it.
- Kathy

I had never heard that about epileptic's. I chose red because red is my favorite color. I wanted the blog to stand out more and as she mentioned in someway be representative of debt (being in the red). I have done this blog for nearly five years now, with red being the predominate color. In fact, I like red so much, in my house back in Topeka, I had even painted all the trim in red....my kitchen was coca-cola red and white with a coca-cola ceiling fan hanging in the center of the ceiling.

However, now that I am out of debt, perhaps it is time to move away from so much red. It's still my favorite color, but I don't want anyone having a seizure just because they seen the color of my blog.

Thanks for the tip. What do you think of the new design? By the time this posts, I will have made changes to KevinsView.com as well, and I will look at my other web properties to see if any changes should take place there to. Especially PrinceOfThrift.com.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment