Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mission of DebtFree4ever.net

O.k., time once again to talk about the purpose of this blog.
A reader recently commented,

Prince, I think you need to narrow your focus and not try and do too many things at once. The Twitter and the like, the writing reviews and advertisements for your blog are taking away from your own financial success. Focus on just the one blog. Focus on a budget and a TRUE accounting of where your cash comes and goes every month. WRITE IT DOWN!
This blog is my personal story. In fact my personal stories, tend to be the ones that get the most comments. But more then that, I will talk about various financial news, often with my own spin (or take) on those news events. In addition, I will talk about what I have heard or read from various personal finance gurus (as well as other bloggers). Talking about these people and their ideas is what I started the blog with, and for a long time was the biggest comment generators.

One of my biggest struggles in my personal budget, is writing EVERYTHING down. I am horrible, as my longtime readers know, about updating the side bar, either up or down. There has been times, I have just thrown a figure over there, without calculating and getting a new total. The numbers in the sidebar, are an idea of what I have and not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. I want to be 100% open and honest with this blog. That doesn't mean I will be reporting every single dime to the readers. That is just unrealistic and dangerous. That doesn't mean I am a liar, scammer or any of the other things that I have been called recently.

My other major weakness, is not being able to tell my wife no. I just have a problem lying and saying we don't have the money for something, when there is cash. I hate lairs and I cannot bring myself to do that. People who know me personally, know just how honest I am. I believe in hard work, and paying for everything. That doesn't mean, I won't accept help in times of unemployment and such to make funds stretch until, I get a job. As recently has happened. One thing, I will do everything I can to avoid is going on Food Stamps or any type of public assistance. I do want all of my readers to keep my feet to the fire, but please don't expect me to report every dime. In return I will try to a better jump of discussing miscalculations and missteps. With that said, I need to bring in some income from my blogging hobby. This income at this time does nothing more then more then paying for itself (although I would love to see it bring in $1,000+/month, I don't expect that in the near future). The one thing I do want to be careful of, is to not make this blog is nothing more then spam. I promise you, I will do everything in my power to prevent that. Allowing good content to prevail.

Below is my personal Financial Mission statement which is also the mission statement for this blog.

I will maintain a positive attitude and sense of humor in everything I do. I want to be known by my  family as a caring husband and father; by associates at work as a fair and honest person; and my friends as someone they can count on to earn their respect. Controlling all my actions is a strong sense of integrity which I believe is the most important character trait.

My Mission, in my current employment, is to provide smiling, helpful and attentive service with integrity and honesty to the customers. I will strive to do my best to keep the stock full and the floors clear, so that my customers can have a pleasant dining experience. As for my blog, my Mission is to provide a positive reading experience for the readers, and hopefully encourage them to lead a successful cash-only life style.

My Mission is to figure out how to best use my personality traits to succeed in life. I want all I do to be a product of God's. I desire to be loyal to my wife, family, friends and God.

For myself, I want to develop self-knowledge, self-love, and self-allowing. I want to use my personality traits, that tend to be more analytical, to excel in my whatever work I am doing, whether work related, family related, blog related or otherwise.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment