Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Medical Bills, Vet Bills and Car Repairs

This past month has been one of those months. When everything seems to happen at once. Right after, someone suggested vet bills happen, and they need to be planned, we had one of the cats into the vet office. Spending $300 in an attempt to make him better. A heart murmur was detected, and they want to run an ultra-sound, which would be another $300, that we are waiting on, till we get some money saved up again.

Then there is the car, as mentioned in previous posts, we were delaying some needed repairs, until a job turned up. Well, November ended, with us needing to get the oil changed ($30), while we were at it, I bought the taillight, and replaced it myself. The part was quoted at over $300 by itself by the mechanic, when we first arrived. Even, the auto parts store quote such a high price, but looked in another book and got the same part fro $148. Now that is repaired, now I need to replace the wipers switch (which also is the switch for the blinkers. I bought the piece at the same time ($100), but I don't know how to enter the steering column and change that myself. So, will have to figure out how to get that repair finished.

Which brings me to medical bills. As the month ended, the pain in my wife's shoulder was getting worse. She had been complaining for some time, but we both was trying to delay seeing a Doctor, until we got some kind of insurance. Since, I hadn't found a job yet, and the pain was getting worse, she called to find a medical clinic that offered services on a sliding scale. We found two, both north of us, in neighboring cities. We went to the closest one. They examined her, (sent her for x-rays at a facility here in Austin) and prescribed her a medicine which was described as basically an oral version of a cortisone shot (Which she has received may of over the years). Hopefully, the oral version will work just as well. Hopefully, that is the problem to. We will know more, once the they get the x-rays back. The cost of everything, was $10. While we were there though, we both got our flu shots, which was an additional $10 each. So over-all the entire medical trip (including the x-ray and upcoming mammogram that they offered her -through a grant) was $30. Please pray that the x-rays come back o.k. and that her shoulder starts feeling better soon.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment