Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - Resolutions (past year and this)

The 3 C's of life: choices, chances and changes ~ You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change..Happy 2011
Time to look back at last years Resolutions and see how I did. Twenty-Ten was a great year in many ways. In others not so great. Lets have a look shall we?




  • Finish paying off the car. (I expect to have the last $800 paid off by the end of February.) As expected I paid off my car in late February. You can find a video of the final payment on youTube.






  • Book (I have started working on a book, that I hope will be very different from any other personal finance book out there. It is my hope to finish it and find a publisher for it by the end of the year.)
    This is a project that I am still working on. In fact I actually have 3 books in the works. If you count the book idea my wife has then that is 4 books. As 3 of these 4 books will be collaborative efforts.






  • Eliminate the Chase credit card debt.
    I finished paying off the last of this card in September or October of 2010. Finally no more playing with fire.






  • Pay off the IRS
    This debt is gone to. Well I think. I have been in negotiations with the IRS on this and they have eliminated part of the debt. I am waiting on an official letter letting me know of a final decision. In the process I have sent some cash (since October) to help reduce this amount even further. If the letter is not in my favor as I expect it to be I would still have to pay $400.






  • Marriage and Honeymoon
    The goal at the start of the year was to pay for this fantastic day with cash. A task that was accomplished, that we made several changes to the honeymoon to make it happen. Much of the event was paid for by June and certainly all was paid for by the day of our August wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. One that can be seen in a video on this blog or on youTube.

    Now time for the resolutions of 2011


    1. Books
    2. - I plan to get at least (one book hopefully more) finished by the end of the year. Even more I hope to find a publisher for the (those) book(s).
    3. Rebuild my savings
    4. - there is no question that I must rebuild my savings ASAP.
    5. Either become my own boss or get a full-time job with insurance
    6. I would say health insurance is one thing I need more then income. While earning enough to pay the rent and utilities would be nice; I really need insurance for my wife and I.
    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


    follow me on Twitter and facebook





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment