Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 - The Future and Career

Good morning. Hope everyone is doing well this morning. Last night, while I was at church I had a thought about this post. When I got home and briefly checked my messages before retiring for the night I found someone had asked me a question about this very topic. In fact it was about the same time I was thinking about it at church.
What's going on with the career search? Any new leads, interviews, etc. or will fast-food part-time work be "it?" You certainly were brave to jump ship in the middle of a recession without a large safety net in place.....
- Robert


It is a very good question. I came to Austin because I felt the Lord my God was guiding me here. I knew when I left and gave up a $30,000/year job that there was some risk. I knew also that I would have to start over. That is all part of serving the Lord. Especially those that are in the ministry. While I am not in full-time ministry I am still in His service and am more involved in ministry then I have since I left full-time ministry (in Chicago) back in 1996. I am keeping my options open actively looking for other opportunities. I have not had an more interviews in the past month. However, I am getting a few more hours at work. This week I am working 24 hours which is more then the 15 hours I received the previous few weeks. It is still not enough to get insurance which needs to be at least 30 hours.

At the same time though, they are Christian owned and operated and understand the help I do around the church. They are willing to work around the church activities which is huge plus. The best thing is that the corporate policy of their chain (from coast to coast) is that they are closed on Sundays. Which is a huge advantage for those of us that want to be able to attend services and spend time with our families.

I truly do believe God lead us here and the ministry and blog can become the primary source of our resources. It may not happen overnight. It may mean I become supported more missionary style. I don't know what God has planned. I do know I need to finish getting my finances and Bible series written so that each message is ready to deliver at church. Not to mention so that I can get it published and spread that message through other churches. Not to mention the other books I need to work on, finish and get published.

I expect great things for 2011 and am eager to see what God has in store for me and my family.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment