Friday, January 21, 2011

Country Strong


Wednesday morning I was listening to a local talk radio station and they asked for caller number 2. Caller 2 would win a pair of tickets to see the movie Country Strong. This was one of the movies that both my wife and I had wanted to see. So Thursday after got home from work, we had a date night and went to see the (now free) movie.
There were only 2 other people in the theater besides us. Prompting me to tell my wife that this movie wouldn't last long. That it would soon be pulled for another movie. When we left a couple of theater employees were on a ladder changing the Mylars (banners) on the lighted sign at the beginning of the hallway. I looked up and didn't see Country Strong up there. As we were looking at the sign to see what movies were going to be there starting today, the one on the ladder asked how we were and what movie we had seen. We told him and he said that he had liked the film when he had seen it to. I asked if that was the last night for the film. His reply as I suspected was an affirmative. He then asked me something that surprised me. That being if I wanted the Mylar. I said, 'sure," so now my wife and I have that Mylar hanging on our bedroom wall (as can be seen in the picture) as a reminder of the terrific night.




---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment