Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Regis Philbin Retiring From 'Live' After Nearly 25 Years


ABC News is reporting this morning that Regis is retiring.
Veteran broadcaster Regis Philbin announced today that he will be retiring from the weekday talk show "Live With Regis and Kelly" after nearly 25 years.
Philbin broke the news this morning at the top of his show.

"This will be my last year on this show," he said. "It was the biggest thrill of my life. There is a time that everything must come to an end for certain people on camera, especially certain old people."

Philbin said he would be stepping down from the show around the end of the summer, but didn't specify a departure date. Though he's departing, the "Live" franchise will continue: The Disney-ABC Television Group plans to name a new personality to join Kelly Ripa, who has co-hosted the show for nearly ten years
- ABC News


I never really liked his show anyway. I mean I never was on it, so why would I? LOL. Anyway, all kidding aside I want to wish him well. May he enjoy retirement. It's been a long time coming for him and should be able to relax and enjoy the rest of his life.



----------
My name is Kevin, and that's what I think. What do you think?

follow me on Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment