Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Frugal Tip: Pay Bills Online

Over the next few weeks I will publish the frugal tips that I have collected. Please note that not every tip will work for everyone. Chose as many of the tips that will work with you and your family and start implementing them. Today we will proceed with Tip #4 Pay Bills Online.
This is something I began doing several years ago. Paying nearly all my bills online eliminating the cost of stamps and checks. You can pay bills on a regular schedule without having to send or write checks and pay for postage. In addition, paying online simplifies your paperwork, allowing you to automate certain aspects of your budget. While you could pay online through most billers websites, I prefer to do so through my own financial institution. By using my own financial institutions website I save time from going to what could be dozens of separate websites. Besides, by using my financial institutions website I am not giving each of those billers access to my financial accounts.

It is something I have come to love. Besides the money and time it saves it also better for the environment as there is less paper. The best part is I can automate it and have a payment in $x sent to bill X each every month. I don't have to think about it or remember it. All I have to is be sure there is money in the account before the transaction occurs. Then once it does, I just need to record it in my check register.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment