Thursday, January 20, 2011

Frugal Tips: Pick that Penny Up

Recently I started posting a more in depth look at each of the frugal tips. Over the next few weeks I will publish the frugal tips that I have collected. Please note that not every tip will work for everyone. Chose as many of the tips that will work with you and your family and start implementing them. Today we will proceed with Tip #9 Pick up money from the ground and save in my change jar.

One thing I am amazed at is the number of people that will walk right over dropped coins. I don't care if it is a penny, nickle, dime, quarter or whatever other denomination it may be; the change is money you didn't have before. So pick it up and take it home to put in the change jar. Ben Franklin is famously quoted, "A penny saved is a penny earned." That cannot be more true then found money such as the money found on the ground.

Maybe it is because I grew up poor. Maybe its because I think stuff like this through more. Whatever the reason I cringe when I hear people say "it's only a penny." That money can add up especially when it goes into your savings account and begins earning interest.

What about you? Do you pick up money off the ground? Will you start after reading this post? Why or why not?




---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment