Monday, January 10, 2011

Kevin's Thoughts on The Arizona Shooting

This past weekend a horrific criminal act was perpetrated upon a Democratic Congresswoman in Arizona. It doesn't matter what her politics were. It doesn't matter that she was a turncoat Republican. It was a horrific crime that should never have happened. My prayers are with U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and her family as she fights for her life.
I can give no respect in any form to a man who shoots unarmed persons, especially a 9-year old girl. The despicable man who tried to kill a U.S. Congresswoman and her staff along with a federal judge and several other members of the general public who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is my hope that he is convicted and given the federal death penalty.
At this time we do not know why he did what he did. Here is what we do know at this time.
Federal investigators have reportedly collected evidence from the home of the suspect. Among the items: hand written notes with the words, "I planned ahead", "my assassination and Giffords". Authorities say Loughner seems to have been obsessed with the Congresswoman after meeting her at a political event three years ago.
- NECN (a Comcast Network)

Whatever the reason we must avoid partisan rhetoric. There are people on the fringes on both sides. We cannot point to either side. This is just some crazy nut job that went to far.



----------
My name is Kevin, and that's my opinion. What do you think?

follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment