Sunday, January 30, 2011

Frugal Tip: Avoid Vending Machines

Recently I started posting a more in depth look at each of the frugal tips. Over the next few weeks I will publish the frugal tips that I have collected. Please note that not every tip will work for everyone. Chose as many of the tips that will work with you and your family and start implementing them. Today we will proceed with Tip #14 Refrain  from buying things in vending machines.

Listen, I understand vending machines can be convenient. They keep your soda pop or water cold until you purchase it. However, they are a waste of money. The snacks are horrible for your health (as is the pop, truth be known). But, my point is not focused on the health aspects. I am solely focused on the costs. You can purchase a case of pop at the grocery store (I wait for the sales) and take your lunch (and pop) to work with you. If you want a snack for your break, then take that along with you to. Stop wasting money with those overpriced vending machines.

Think about it. Where do the owners of those vending machines get the pop or products to put in them? They buy the products at the store and then fill their machines. Marking them up to make money for themselves.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment