Thursday, December 27, 2007

le maison du cygne

For some time I have thought about giving my house a name. I know, I know, usually only wealthy people with big estates tend to do that. But why can't a broke middle class wage earner do the same thing? It's not like there is some law that says we can't. I would like to add a wrought iron fence in front yard with a sign that proclaims this to be, "le maison du cygne." Which translated is French for "the house of the swan."

Why house of the swan? I grew up in the city of La Cygne (the Swan) on the banks of the Mari des Cygne (Marsh of the swan). I have swan planters on either side of the steps leading to the porch, so le maison du cygne.

What do you all think? Of course my debts will come first.


2 comments:

  1. It's wrought iron, not rot iron. And rich people don't name their houses anymore either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks dogatemyfinances. I knew rot looked wrong and you are right, not every wealthy person name their houses any more, but a few do like Ron Burkle (Former owner of Ralph's)
    and his former Beverly Hills home "Green Acres."

    I understand now he has a home near La Jolla and have heard no mention of a name for it. Although the picture is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete