Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

Yesterday was Christmas day. I made the trek to my parents home and ultimately to my sisters place in Pittsburgh, KS. My day started with the 120 mile drive to La Cygne. Which actually was made longer when I missed my turn on to K-33.

When I finally arrived in my hometown, I stopped by the Methodist Church, which serves a breakfast on Christmas morning. I was prepared to make a donation, but they weren't accepting any. They did have me sign a thank you card to the guy who provided the meat and food for the breakfast. When I left they gave me 2 loaves of bread to bring home with me.

When I arrived at my parents home we opened presents, before going on to Pittsburgh. Shortly after arriving we at lunch and opened presents with my little sister and nephews.

The items I received were as follows:
  • Cologne and deodorant
  • shoe shine kit
  • "Magic Shine" (travelers shoe shine kit)
  • Oven mitt
  • toilet bowl cleaner
  • Men's Travel Personal Care Set
  • scrubby pad with lady bug holder
  • Eyeglass Cleaning kit
  • Eyeglass repair kit
  • Tupperware Rock'n serve dish
  • small metal trash can with penguins on it
  • 3-in-1 Cotton Set (10 cotton pads/10 cotton balls/200 cotton swabs)
  • Items for movie night (2 bags microwave popcorn/bowls/pitcher/cups)
  • Fun Game in a bottle
  • scrapbook of Newspaper clippings of all the disasters to hit Kansas in 2007
  • CD caddy for the car
  • 2-in-1 Shampoo

    If any of my family is reading, thank you. Now I need to find a place for each of these items. Thanks also to the La Cygne Methodist Church for breakfast and the bread.

    related post: My Christmas list 2007



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment