Friday, December 14, 2007

Kansas Attorney General Resigns Amid Scandal

After 5 days of his inter-office affair with Linda Carter being in the news daily, Attorney General Paul Morrison has announced his resignation. Saying he must be accountable for his own mistakes, he realized that the people of the state of Kansas had lost respect and confidence in the office of the Attorney General.


"Because of my actions in my personal life, many people have stopped believing in me, which is damaging the office, my staff and the state," Morrison said. "Throughout my career, I have always fought for justice as a prosecutor. I've held others accountable for their actions, and now I must be held accountable for my mistakes."
- Topeka Capital journal


Claiming his priority was never politics but representing the citizens of Kansas, he was resigning effective Jan. 31, 2008. His reason was to bring public confidence back to the office, and take the public eye off his private life.

Political reporter Martin Hawver said that he believed that this was the biggest political news story in the past 50-years.

related article

No comments:

Post a Comment