Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Look At My Monthly Utility Bills


I thought I would take a look at my utilities today. The idea was to see if I really was budgeting enough for these expenses. On the chart below, you can see what I was billed this month and what I routinely budget for each of those lines.

As you can see, I need to make some adjustments. Some of the bills don't have enough resources budgeted for them. Like the Internet and water bills.

Extra services and unknown billings on my phone bill have been eliminated, and that should drop considerably next month. Now, the only extra charge on the phone bill is the $2.99 for roadside assistance. That $3 is considerably cheaper then what AAA would charge for the service.

AccountDecember BillingsBudgeted Monthly
Gas Bill$70.74$80
Electric Bill
$74.67$80
Water$35$30
Internet
$32.10$30
Trash$46.50/quarterly$15.50
T-Mobile
$68$70




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, it's a good reminder to review your amounts on a regular basis to see if they are still covering your expenses.

    ReplyDelete