Friday, December 28, 2007

20 Grand Still Aludes Me

I received my last paycheck for the year. In 2007, I earned a total of $19,511.65. Maybe this next year, will be the year I will finally break $20,000. Of course $30,000 would be better but that means I would have to make in excess of $14 an hour. Since my company only hands out 25 cent raises then it will be many many years before I see earnings like that, unless I can position myself to become an assistant manager. Then I will be offered a bigger raise for going salaried instead hourly. Which is something I am willing to do for the extra income. Something I am willing to do to stay with my current employer.




2 comments:

  1. 20,000 ??? where do you live?? is it even possible to live on that? you should consider something new, start fresh... you should be making at least 60-70k per year.

    We live in Texas, so we have a lot of mexicans, these guys paint houses and do landscaping for a living, they easily pull 70k per year. I got an estimate from one of them to paint the outside of my house and they wanted to charge me 4,000 dollars! and that's for one house, he said I had to schedule well in advance since they were already booked for the month.

    One house!, that probably takes a week... So now I'm even thinking about painting houses instead of sitting at a desk all day.

    One of my friends actually started his own landscaping company and he is making a lot of money... something to think about, since the grass has to be cut weekly in texas 6 months out of the year.

    Seriously you need to consider something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with "our debt blog" you really need to think about changing jobs. You are worth much more than you are being paid currently!
    Make 2008 the year you got out of the rut you job maybe becoming and get pretty much debt free.

    ReplyDelete