Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Time & Impending Storm Thoughts

I have been busy the last couple of weeks addressing Christmas cards to family and friends. So far, I have mailed about 50 of them. I still have a stack of 100 sitting on my desk awaiting postage, so that I can mail them out. If you were lucky enough to be among those on my card list, you will soon have your Christmas card, if you haven't already received it.

Christmas time is my favorite time of the year. It's not just a time to send Christmas cards, but there is also parties (although tonights has been canceled, due to the weather forecast). However, it is more then that too. The most important thing that makes this "the most wonderful season," of the year, is the good will and cheer that Christmas brings. It is my hope that everyone remembers the true reason for the season.

One thing I do hate about this time of the year is the weather. Today there is a 20%-30% chance of ice before midnight. After midnight that becomes 100%. The storm has already broken limbs and downed power lines as it moves towards Topeka. My hope is that it lessens by the time it arrives here. However, I must be prepared, as I could lose power also. Then again, maybe it could be good and I could get rid of some of the trees (or at least upper limbs) that I have been wanting to get rid of for the last nine years that I have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment