Friday, July 27, 2007

Thoughts From The Low Wages & In Debt View

The other day I was reading what the average American college graduate makes verses what the average American High School graduate. Well according to the figures, I make less then the average high school graduate. In fact, according to figures, the amount I make currently, is about what the average American drop out makes (and it may be even less then that). Yet, unlike most of them I have been very blessed. While, I may not make very much, I have had the opportunity to have gone to Europe not once but twice (Sark and Guernsey). I also have been able to make it to Canada and Mexico one time each. All of which I am grateful.

In addition, despite, my low wages, I don't plan to stay there. Yes, I could see myself retire from my current job, but I also plan to retire wealthy enough to live a good retirement. Of course the only way to do it, is to become debt free. As soon as i do get debt free I will not allow myself to get into debt again. I will save for everything and pay for everything in cash.

To be blunt, I really could live pretty well on my salary, if I didn't have the dang car loan. So if I can get rid of that and all my debts, I will be easily be able to save for my future and yes even save for my vacations so that I can see places that I have never been. Like the Reagan, Nixon and all the Presidential libraries (I have only been to the Carter and Eisenhower). Perhaps, when I take my vacation time from work in a couple weeks, I can go up the road 75 miles to see the Truman, but that will have to depend on curb painting (that I intend to start that week) and my yard sell that particular Saturday.

I am on track, so it appears to have all my little debts paid off by the end of the year. I just have to remain gazelle intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment