Friday, July 20, 2007

College Bound?

This morning I had a meeting with the college admissions representative at a small local college. We discussed the possibility of me returning to college. I like this college, because it is specifically career oriented. It only lasts 14 months and then I graduate and they help me find a job, including developing my resume.

The other nice thing about Bryan College is that they have morning and evening classes, taught by the same instructor and are the exact same material in both classes. In other words, if I have a day where I have to work during the morning class, I can go to the evening class.

All in all, I think it would be very good go back. After, I graduate maybe I can get a corporate job in my current company. If not there will be other opportunities. Maybe as one person suggested, a job with consumer credit counseling. Or, perhaps starting that not-for-profit, that I mentioned the other day. Who knows. The big thing is to get more education, so I can have a better chance to move up higher in the business world.

I will diffidently be discussing these options with the staff further over the next few weeks.

The Business Administration class has a total of 60 credit hours and covers the follow matters. Each subject last for 6 weeks and is the only subject the student studies during that period and each is worth 6 credit hours.

  • Computer Software Management
  • Business Communications
  • Principles of Business
  • Leadership
  • Organizational Behavior
  • Human Resource Management
  • Business L:aw
  • Business Accounting
  • Economics
  • Sales and Marketing

    OK, now it's that time, as with all my posts, to get your thoughts. Do you think it is a good idea?
    Of course, my biggest concern is the financial aid package. Especially, when I do not want to take any debt for any reason.
  • 2 comments:

    1. I would think that education is always a good idea. Just make sure that you get into an accredited degree program so that if something ever happens to the place you are at, you can more easily find another job somewhere else.
      You should ask your HR dept at work about tuition reimbursement.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is a good idea. I hope you can locate scholarships and grants to pay for tuition. I think you are smart enough to pull this off. A business adminstration degree would be definite asset to your resume. Go for it! Make it happen!

      ReplyDelete