Monday, July 9, 2007

Digging Out from Fraud is Slow but Happening.

I sold some aluminum today. Having gathered together 22 pounds of aluminum, they were sold today for $12.10 (55 cents/pound). I deposited the money into my bank account, bringing my balance up to a negative $4.25. The charge is still pending, so I haven't been socked with an overdraft charge yet. From what I understand, credits are taken care of first, so if I can find $5 cash and get that deposited today, before the bank closes, I should avoid the overdraft charge (I think this is possible).

I then came home and went online to pay $20 from my paypal account to T-mobile, then called them to get clarification on charges and ask about changing my plan. I can't change the plan until I bring my balance current. The past due includes parts of 2 previous bills.

My current plan is $45.99 for 1000 minutes, free roaming and long distance (new plans are 49.99 for the same thing). In addition, I have unlimited t-zones at $4.99 (new subscribers would pay $5.99 ). However, they have a promo plan, I can move to that keep me on the same plan at a charge of $39.99 (instead of $45.99), plus if I drop the t-zones, I would save a total of $11. Not a whole lot over all, but it will help and I can have phone service again.

In the meantime, I still have the free voice mail only service from Netzero, that I list on this blog to receive messages in regards to this blog.


****Update: My balance is now $5.88, in the positive thanks to my change jar.*****

5 comments:

  1. OMG. I rarely comment here, but good luck getting out of this mess. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on getting your account in the positive! That is the right direction!

    What about fema? do you qualify for disaster money from fema, since your finances are a disaster? (just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate phone company's!!!

    Any other saving tips would be great =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kevin, check your paypal.

    And thanks for all the great tips on frugality that you've given.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything will be ok.

    Check your paypal account.

    ReplyDelete