Friday, July 20, 2007

Customer Service

I was thinking today, as I went into Bank of America to make a deposit to clear up the last few items that are to hit this week. How sad it is, that the tellers are so friendly and wonderful to talk to, and yes, even customer friendly. Yet, at the same time, their company policies are so un-customer friendly and promote poor customer service. It is these company policies that is getting Bank of America fired and not the friendliness of the great tellers/staff at their branches.
The teller today was exceptionally friendly. She of course had no idea that I was having problems with her company and had decided to fire them. However, I noticed she had the same last name as a couple of people I know and I asked her if she was related, which of course she answered in the affirmative. People like her make it harder to make these tough business decisions, but as I said it's her company and not the employees in general.

The other customer service issue is Providian Credit Card Washington Mutual. They continue to refuse to lower the interest rate, so I sent a message through their online system that stated:

I said no excuses. You WILL lower the APR or I will cancel. There is no more "you don't qualify." If you want to keep me as a customer, you WILL lower it today!!!! Otherwise, I will cancel the account today.
Apparently, I did not make that clear enough in my previous emails. Do you understand, what I am saying this time? You are NOT going to rob me any longer. You have robbed me for way to long, and it is going to STOP today. Is that clear enough for you? Which is is going to be? Lower the rate? or cancel my account?


I know it sounds rough, but they want to play hardball with me, I will play right back. I haven't told them yet, that I will be canceling anyway. I just want that lower APR, so that I can get it paid down faster. Of course, this time around, I was late for the first time ever with them and they charged me additional fees, which did not help. In fact, it helped max the card out again. What I really need to do, is get really gazelle intense and get them out of my life forever. As I said though, it would help, if the card's APR was lower and that is what I am working on. The reply that I quoted above was in response to their response below, which will show why I got a little more demanding in my reply. Well, anyway, here was their response to my "first" contact:

We conducted an immediate review of your account to determine whether
your account qualifies for a lower Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offer.
Your account is not eligible for such an offer at this time.

We apologize we are unable to meet your needs. Should your account
qualify for such an offer in the future, we will notify you.


Of course this was similar to the phone call with them of a couple months or so ago. So know I am upping the anti a little, let's see if they respond.

2 comments:

  1. As far as Providian, They don't care, and they will not lower your interest rate if you have been late with any payments. That is why you " do not qualify". And, cancelling your account is not a threat to them, because you still owe them money..so they still have you. I got my Amex Skymiles card rate lowered by 5% by using the "nice girl" route...I was polite and professional, and just let them know that I had other opportunities in the mail with lower rates, and I was considering transferring my balance, but before I did that, could they match any of the offers seeing as how I have been such a good customer and paid on time....they did, it took all of 3 minutes, and I didn't even have to ask for a supervisor! And I was very happy! Remember the old saying, You get more bees with honey....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or is that more flies with honey? Whatever, you get the point....

    ReplyDelete