Saturday, July 28, 2007

Imaginative Ideas Wanted

As my regular readers know, this past week I officially cancelled my credit card. Nothing can be charged to it ever again. So now I have been thinking of ways to mutilate the card. Others have cut their cards up, or ran them through shredders and blenders while others have flushed them down the toilet or a combination of the above.

I however want to find a unique (and possibly public) ways to mutilate my Providian card. I would like to get suggestions from each of you my readers as ways that you think I should do it. So come on, start those creative juices and give me some ideas. I really want to hear your ideas.

When I do this, I would like to find someone here in Topeka to help video tape it and get it posted on you tube. In addition, if their are others who would like to join in that day and mutilate their cards, then I would love to make it a big event.

I would like to hold the mutilation day the week of August 6, possibly the afternoon of August 11. In addition, it would be nice if the press will cover our disgust for credit cards.

So what you think? Any ideas?

8 comments:

  1. How about going to a firing range and attaching the card to a target and then blast it with a few bullets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. pin the card to a piece of wood. then attack it with a chainsaw.
    that would be dramatic and loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys, keep the ideas coming. Iwant to get as many ideas as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. combine powdered rust with ground aluminum and make thermite. It burns hot enough to melt through an engine block. (But you have to light it with a strip of magnesium, available on the internet for a buck or two)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about putting them into a blender!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's not loud and not very public, but my wife and I cut up our cards into very small pieces and made a collage from all the pieces. We then photocopied the collage and sent copies to all of the credit card companies with letters notifying them of our cancellation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about covering it in Drano and when dissolved your card went where it belonged--down the drain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could burn it on a bbq and watch the credit card go up in smoke!

    ReplyDelete