Monday, July 23, 2007

Most Popular Personal Finance Posts This Week

I recently learned about a page at PFblogs.org that I did not know about, until it showed up in my stats as a referrer page. The page is great. Like the today's popular posts, that lists that days most popular posts, this page lists the most popular posts for the week. Once a post on the list is a week old (or 168 hours) it is automatically dropped off.
So I thought, it would be fun to see what some of the most popular posts this past week was, all of which were picked by you the personal finance readers.

There were 458 posts that made it into the most popular and I will pick and choose posts from just the first page.
  • Of course, I cannot ignore the most read post of the week, which was:
    Say Goodbye to Emigrant Direct by The Sun's Financial Diary (July 21, 2007). This post had 22 people click on the agreegators link. Here the author talks about his disappointment about Emigrant Directs (ING) decision to start lowering their interest rates.

  • Also with 22 clicks Personal Finance Advice wrote about, How Dumping TV Allowed Me to Quit My Job, Create an Online Business and Fund My Retirement Account (July 17, 2007).

  • Then on July 16, 2007, my very own post about The Banking Experiment That Went Horribly Wrong made it on the list with 20 clicks.

  • However, that wasn't my only post that made the most popular posts for the week list. The news item, I posted on July 21st, also made it. Yes, I actually played reporter again, and this time I totally rewrote an article and never quoted it once, while it except for actual quotes from people they interviewed. If you missed it, you can see that article at, $90,000 Arrive With PS2.

  • Finally, I will close out my quick round up with this, perhaps the most interesting post a personal finance blogger posted about. It seems a store that One Frugal Girl shops has been having problems with Return Fraud.. Returning Rocks Instead of TVs (13 clicks). Apparently, customers bought items, removed the product, filled the box with rocks, bricks and crumpled paper and then returned it for a full refund. Amazingly, this is a problem, that costs retailers an estimated $16 billion in each year. Of course most of that is stolen merchandise being returned and/or with counterfeit receipts.

    Well, that will have to do. That is my round up of the most popular posts read according to PF Blogs for the week. To bad, at least I haven't found them yet, they don't have most popular posts for the month and/or year. One thing, I would suggest though, is that they make this link to the weekly posts a little more accessible.
  • 1 comment:

    1. Thanks for the mention! I am a rate chaser, so I always go for the highest rate possible :)

      ReplyDelete