Monday, July 23, 2007

SPONSOR: Loan Experiences

I was asked to talk about my own personal loan experiences. I can tell you stories that I have read at CreditCard.org about other peoples bad experiences with various credit card companies. However, it is time to discuss the good and the bad experiences I have personally encountered.
For the most part the secured loans that I have had, have been good experiences, despite my hatred towards the interest. Most of them have been OK. With the exception of PaceSetter Windows, who was so bad overall, that they changed their company name, so that they could lure in new customers. The first window I bought through them, I paid off early or so I thought, I paid them the pay off amount that they gave me at anyrate. However, when I went to place more windows in, this time getting most of the rest of the windows, they informed me that I still owed $100 on the previous loan, that I hadn't paid on for two years. Now why hadn't they contacted me, if that was true?

Except for them, my secured loans that covered the vehicles I have bought and the consolidation loan that I paid off early last year (3-years early) have been pleasent to work with for the most part.

The unsecured debt, my now officially cancelled credit card has been a headache early on. Providian, now Wamu, has continuely refused to work with me. I do intend to call them up this week and talk to them about lowering the interest rate again. This time, suggesting that give me the same rate as they would if I were working on the debt through consumer credit counseling. It wasn't even a so called poor credit loans. Yet they treat me like it was, even though I have never been late, until this past month I was a victim of the Calafornia company that I spent so much time posting about recently.

The fact is I will be glad when I get this debt and all my loans out of my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment