Friday, July 27, 2007

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

I actually have two recipes for this. But after reading about reports of some spotting left with the original recipe, I tried adding a third ingredient that seems to work well. It only takes 2 Tablespoons of the finished product per load.


  • 3 cups Borax
  • 3 cups Baking soda
  • 1 cup of the cheapest dishwasher detergent (from dollar store or a store brand)

  • I did see a site that suggested using 2 Tablespoons (per cup of borax) of Citric Acid (Fruit Fresh) to make silverware sparkle.

    Oh btw, use vinegar instead of Jet Dry in the rinse dispenser

    2 comments:

    1. Great post! I've got to try this in my dishwasher. I just recently started using Borax to clean and found it to be wonderful to use.

      Thanks so much for the frugal tip.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've been looking for this recipe all over! Thanks! As soon as my electrasols are finished, I'll start making this.

      ReplyDelete