Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The weekend Wrap-Up

Well, it is time to bring everyone up to date with how I have been doing on this extreme eating budget. Friday, I didn't feel like doing much of anything, once I finally got home from the dental clinic.
As I mentioned in my DebtFree4ever.net blog article (My Experience With Free Dental Care), they feed us breakfast and lunch free.
Breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy while for lunch they served goulash, chips, applesauce and a chewy granola bar. By the time lunch rolled around, I was setting next to someone I knew and since I don't eat goulash and he couldn't eat chips, we exchanged my goulash for his chips and granola bar.
I ended Friday, being extremely tired (since I didn't get any sleep) as I headed to work. So tired that I used that as an excuse to break my budget and stooped at McDonald's for a cheap hamburger and large fry. I did drink water rather then a coke. In fact, I avoided soda pop all day Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday.
---
Saturday, both meals consisted of ham and beans from the deep freeze.
---
Sunday, was the Superbowl and the talk show host of one of the local talk shows that I listen to was cooking a feast on a big smoker, for his churches Superbowl party. He invited all of his listeners to come out and I, the good little frugalist I am, went for the free food. Not to mention, watching all those Superbowl commercials with a bunch of other people.
The snickers ad was hilarious. Oh, and I loved the frog eyes salad.
---
Finally, Monday I ate 3 fried eggs and some corn flakes.

2 comments:

  1. UNless it was free, stopping at McDonalds for a burger and large fry is not what one would call a "good little frugalist"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true...It was a stupid move and not in the budget. But that is the point to be totally honest.

    ReplyDelete