Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hot Chocolate

As fixed myself a cup of hot cocoa today, I started wondering if I could cut the expense of this delicious hot drink. I am one those people that find my cocoa, better tasting, if I make it with milk instead of water. So, in my efforts to make my food dollars stretch (and also my milk) further, I only filled my cup half full with milk and then added water.
The taste was noticeably less creamy, but I think I could get used to it, if I put my mind to it. Maybe in time, I could get myself to just drink it with water instead of milk.

2 comments:

  1. The Walmart Great Value store brand or the Target Market Pantry store brand are good quality hot cocoas...you can make them with all water and they are still pretty creamy and taste good...not watered down at all. I think they are actually better than Swiss Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one comes from Aldi's. I generally avoid name brands and wal mart. I might have to look at Target, but Aldi generally beats everyone on food.

    ReplyDelete