Thursday, February 22, 2007

24 billion??? Are You Crazy?

Did you hear about this in the news? When I seen it on my television news, I knew I had to search the Internet and discuss this crazy electric bill that several electric customers in Weatherford, Texas received recently.

WEATHERFORD, Texas -- Perhaps his $24 billion electric bill will teach Richard Redden to turn down the thermostat a bit.

Redden and more than 1,300 Weatherford utility customers this week received billion-dollar electric bills marked as late notices. The mega-charges were attributed to a printing error.

Yep, you read that correctly. Individual customers were billed over 24 billion dollars on a single bill. Now that is what I call a huge bill. Redden commented on the billing by saying,

``I know they raised the rates on kilowatt hours a little bit,'' Redden said. ``I guess we shouldn't have run the heater quite so much this month.''

I am with him on turning the heat down, but man that is huge kilowatt rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment