Sunday, February 11, 2007

How Many Ways to Cook An Egg, Let me Count the Ways

Eggs are cheap and economical. Besides that they are good for you to with enough protein and calories to fill you up. Besides it’s versatile too. So just how many ways to cook an egg are there? Lets count the ways.


  1. Scrambled - A common favorite at breakfast.

  2. Over easy

  3. Poached - I would fix this kind often, if i had the right kind of pan.

  4. Sunny Side Up - My personal favorite.

  5. Hard boiled - They make a great anytime snack.

  6. Egg sandwich - great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner

  7. Egg salad - delicious, quick and easy

  8. Omelets - the possibilities are endless on this one; add whatever you want - I prefer potatoes and ham (and/or bacon)

  9. Deviled eggs - I absolutely love Deviled Eggs.

  10. French toast- bread dipped in eggs- how frugal can you get?

  11. Egg’s nest (aka Bull’s-Eyes) - cut a hole in a piece of bread, put contents of egg inside hole, cook in pan.



  12. Add eggs to skillet bags from the grocery store

  13. Breakfast burrito - cook eggs, put in tortilla, eat.

  14. Chillaquillas - scrambled eggs mixed with cut up corn tortillas; add salsa and green chili for taste

  15. Eggs in Raman Noodles - the combinations of two extremely frugal equals a frugal dynamo

  16. Eggs in spaghetti noodles

  17. Quiche

  18. Eggs mixed with chorrizo - chorizzo is a delicious Mexican sausage; can be served by itself or wrapped in a burrito

  19. Eggs in a pita

  20. Huevos rancheros

  21. Eggs scrambled with rice

  22. Eggs scrambled with beans

  23. Pasta carbonara- cook some noodles, beat some eggs, pour egg mixture over cooked noodles; the noodles will cook the egg mixture; add come bacon and garlic.

  24. Eggs scrambled in shrimp

  25. Substitute eggs for meat in Hamburger Helper

  26. Slice a hard boiled egg in your salad

  27. Egg drop soup

  28. Egg Curry

  29. souffle


Some of the ways I enjoy, while others don't fit in my taste buds. Thanks frugal law student, for inspiring this list. So there are 29 ways, did i miss any? Let me know if I did. Got to run, I have eggs boiling.

4 comments:

  1. I do not see frittatas anywhere. Nor do I see Eggs benedict though you might have considered it a poached one. What about lemon curd? Or angel food cake? Or any other custard? Eggs aren't always savory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I want a fast, easy, delicious, cheap meal I make my version of Poor Mans Meal.

    A box of Beef Rice A Roni, cooked per box. I scramble 10-12 eggs with milk, as normal. Then add eggs to rice, just before it is done.

    Serve with bread and butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, drop a raw egg in your drink. The breakfast of champions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know why chef's wear those tall white hats with the pleats around the seams - there are 100 pleats, for 100 ways to cook an egg. A website with a list... http://www.aeb.org/KidsAndFamily/you_can_cook_up_a_storm_with_egg.htm

    ReplyDelete