Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Free Food!

For some reason the main aggregator of this personal finance related site, failed to aggregate the post I made yesterday. At any rate, I will continue to post about eating on a budget tonight and even after the current 90-day experiment is over. Today, I received a comment on last nights post telling me about free pancakes at I-Hop all day today. I found it hard to believe, so I called the local I-hop and confirmed it was in fact true. So tonight, I made my way out to that side of town to get my free pancakes with butter pecan syrup. More info on this promotion is below (copied from IHOP.com).

Join IHOP to celebrate National Pancake Day (also known as Mardi Gras, or Shrove Tuesday) on Tuesday, February 20, 2007. From 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., we’ll give you one free short stack (three) of our famous buttermilk pancakes. All we ask is that you consider making a donation to support local children’s hospitals through Children’s Miracle Network, or other local charities.

In 2006, you helped IHOP celebrate National Pancake Day by raising more than $340,000 for charity. In 2007, we hope that together we can top that by giving away enough free pancakes to raise $500,000 for Children’s Miracle Network and other local charities. To find an IHOP location near you, please click here.

There is a limit of one free short stack per guest. The offer is valid at participating restaurants for dine-in only while supplies last, and is not valid with any other offer, special, coupon or discount.


So it wasn't completely free, I left a 75 cent tip and dropped 50 cents in the donation box. I also left my card advertising the main blog, with a not to the waitress for her very excellent service. Maybe if she makes her way to this site, she well comment and say hi.

2 comments:

  1. You can thank me now, I was in a hurry so didn't log in when I commented. I also enjoyed a free short stack yesterday. I-Hop does this promo every year on fat tuesday, it was heavily advertised down here....I can't believe you searched thier site to make sure I was giving you a valid tip! Cheapness is an art my friend, and I am one frugal girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $1.25 for a yummy meal and being able to donate to charity. not a bad deal.

    ReplyDelete