Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Prince Answers Emails

I am sending you an email because your blog does not accept comment (I don't have a live ID or anything like that so I am basically left out of the commenting).
Hello. Thank you so much for your email. I would like to try to address each of your concerns and comments. First you say you couldn't comment on the blog because you don't have an ID. I used to allow anonymous comments, but some troll like comments forced my hand. It doesn't take make to create a blogger (gmail) ID for just commenting. However I see your email is a Windows Live ID which supports the openID technology. So therefore you can log-in and comment with the email that you just emailed me from. Making the comments more secure really doesn't leave anyone out of commenting if they wish to. Although it may take a little more effort.

The post about Dreams... Trusting god to provide had me cringe.

To purchase a home you need at least 20% down. You also need to have an emergency fund that will provide for 6 months of living expenses (including mortgage, insurrance etc...). You are very new at your job, if something happen (in this economy you never know) you will be the first one to go. It took you months before finding this job what if you suddenly get unemployed with a mortgage to pay.

According to your own admission you are nowhere near to have the kind of cash needed to buy a house on hand:
Savings Goals
Emergency Fund: $75.00
Goal: $25,000
Car Fund: $0.00
Goal: $50,000
House/Condo Fund: $0.00
Goal: $100,000
Now on to your next point. You said you cringed. I suppose I would to if I were to only go buy what I seen and not know everything. Or were to read to much into the post. It was a post about my hopes and dreams and not a statement of this is what going to be done. As you mentioned their are some financial hurdles to overcome. Lets focus on the numbers that you copied from my site. I freely admit they haven't been updated in months. I also freely admit that I don't have the 20% or even 10% of the down payment. I further admit I am still working on 6-12 months in an emergency fund. The post you are referring to was nothing more then a post about my dreams and my frustration regarding the current situation.


You also have to distinguish between a want and a need. A swimming pool is definately a want. A house is a want. If you appartment is less than desired find another one!

Now in regards to the pool. You are right that is a want and when we get a home of our own their is a good chance we won't have a pool. In fact the only way we might (and that's a big might) is if the new home ends up being a condo. Which given my wife's and I's ages a condo is something we are considering so that we have something as we get more into our retirement years as well. We really don't want to move until we find our own place. That is a lot of cost to move from one apartment to another, which would slow up our home purchase dreams.

Your wife is not working, at this point she simply doesn't need a car. She might want one but she definitely doesn't need one.

Yes you are right the 2nd car would be a want. We know that, but think about it this way to. I am at work. She needs to go the doctor and can't go because she doesn't have a car. Or perhaps to the pharmacy to get her medicine. They are simply things to work out.
If I were in you shoe I would look for a small appartment on the first floor that is at a walking distance (less than 2 miles or so) from my work, save like crazy and when I have the money, and only then, look for a house.
As for moving within 2 miles of the place I work. That would really be nice. However, I can't afford rent out there. Rent for a one bedroom alone in that neighborhood is more then my take home pay. Condo's and houses that don't need serious repairs tend to even be over $200,000. Which would mean the mortgage would be more then my take home as well. Yet that is where I really would like to live considering where I was called to work. So once again, I have to trust God and let him guide me. I don't know if you believe or not, but I do and placing my trust in Him is a big part of my faith. It doesn't mean I am running out and getting myself into financial trouble just because I want something. Rather trusting Him simply means waiting on his timing. Perhaps in the next few months this blog and my other web properties will take off and I will be self-sufficient from them. Only God knows, and I am willing to wait on him.
Thanks again for your email.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment