Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Thoughts

Good morning. Well today is the day that Prince William and Kate Middleton get married. Actually here in the United States the vows were to be given two hours ago. Even though, if you go far enough back you could find my ancestors tied to the Royal blood line I didn't get an invitation to the Royal wedding. No matter how disappointed I may be in that; I was not getting up at 5 am here to watch the vows and I certainly wasn't getting up at 3 am to watch the entire wedding. Although I did wonder why the couple was getting married on a Friday rather then a Saturday. I mean there is only 6 hours difference, meaning at 5 am here it is 11 am there. Which is the perfect time to start a big wedding. Still though a Friday? What's up with that?
ABC News sent me an email (as if this it was some important breaking news) that Prince William and Catherine Middleton will now be the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. That email was followed by another that announced what dress she was wearing. I mean really is the maker of Kate's errr I mean the Duchess' wedding dress really a breaking news story? In case you were wondering it was by Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen. They were married by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

(photo from the Globe-Mail)
from left to right, Father of bride Michael Middleton,
the bride Kate Middleton,
the groom Price William
and the best man Prince Harry
I am sure we will see clips of this wedding all weekend and probably for weeks to come. In the end I wish the couple many happy years together. Hopefully they bring back the families good name that Prince Charles so unwittingly tarnished with his affairs and divorce.
As for the Royal Honeymoon. well that seems to be a bit of a secret, as to give te couple their privacy. However, here is what we do know. They will be honeymooning at Balmoral Estate, the royal residence in the Scottish Highlands, first and then off to the secret destination. Last week, Kate Middleton was seen shopping and her buys included sundresses, prompting speculation that the Royal Honeymoon in a hot spot. Of course that is pure speculation and we all know what assume means.





---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment